As we prepare to enter the final month of summer, here are five ways we can squeeze the last drop of summer from our calendars:
1. Eat summer foods. Fresh tomatoes, watermelon, and other fruits and veges will soon be gone. Enjoy them now and freeze some for the winter too.
2. Enjoy the lazy days of summer. Grab your favorite book and head for your favorite place of relaxation—or invite friends over for glass of lemonade on the front porch and make the most of your time together with humidity as your back-drop. (Can you tell I’m not much of a summer person? 🙂
3. Pour your favorite summer beverage like this one from Better Homes and Gardens. Sip slowly…for a new season is just around the corner.
4. Take a hike. It’s still officially summer but here in the south a light breeze begins to tease us, making us yearn for cooler days and kaleidoscopic leaves. It’s the perfect chance for a hike, a game of Frisbee golf, or a nice stroll through town.
5. Find the closest swimming hole and dive in! Many pools close in our area on Labor Day but lakes, mountain rivers (for wading), and other places invite you to one last swim for the season.
Now, for those of you who know me, you’re well aware that I won’t be doing some of the things I shared above but I love it for those who savor this season (like my hubby.) My favorite season is fall, so be prepared!
What’s your favorite season? Do you have another “fun in the sun” idea we could add to the above list?
Want to make a difference in your home?
Subscribe and receive my FREE ebook with sensory tips, Praying In Every Room Of Your Home.
I respect your privacy and will never share your information.