In this cabin sitting atop a steep mountain in the Saluda mountains, gas logs roared, laughter erupted, prayers arose, tears trickled, hot spiced cider simmered, and creativity stirred during long writing sessions.
I was reminded that:
- God is sovereign. Things didn’t turn out exactly as we’d planned, but we bowed the knee, embraced His plan, and left the mountain with inexplicable peace.
- While we may not know what’s going on in the heart of another, God does—and He provides. As His eyes, arms, lips, and legs we simply need to stay attuned to how He wants to use our whole being to love on others.
- One can get a lot of writing done on a screened-in porch, sitting on a puffy chaise lounge with a furry blanket and a hot cup of cider.
- Nature provides some of God’s greatest ideas and highest praise. Care to join for me for a walk outside today?
- Some of the best gifts come via techies. Someone in the group surprised us by compiling weekend photos and making a video. The background music? “You’ve Got A Friend in Me”, by Randy Newman. Classic.
- Never shout “Hey, Buck!” when someone has just taken a big sip of Coke. (Sorry, I know you had to be there, but this will be worth it to the spewer in the group.)
- The steepest
drivewaysclimbs in life can provide God’s most glorious moments.
Have you considered planning a mini-getaway with friends? Dollars and distance can make for a nice weekend, but it’s only when we invite the greatest Friend of all that it becomes an unforgettable one.
Want to make a difference in your home?
Subscribe and receive my FREE sensory ebook, Praying In Every Room Of Your Home.
I respect your privacy and will never share your information.