Back in June, I shared how I felt God had orchestrated an opportunity for me to teach a community-type Bible study.
Today, I’m delighted to share that it has become a reality! Thank you for your prayers! Beginning next week, I’ll be teaching an evening ladies class at the local library. All the little details fell right into place, and I’ll be honest… I’m pretty psyched. And especially humbled.
As I begin this new study, I’m reminded of the following verses:
- Titus 2:1: You must teach what is in accord with sound doctrine.
- James 3:1: Not many of you should presume to be teachers, my brothers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly.
- 2 Timothy 2:15: Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.
- 2 Timothy 3:16: All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
- Hebrews 4:12: For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
- I need to consistently pray for wisdom and discernment. Partial truth is really no truth at all.
- Knowing I will be judged more strictly opens my eyes to the seriousness involved in handling God’s Word. And yet, I can’t imagine not teaching.
- I recognize my responsibility as a teacher is to flee from any sin, habit or attitude that would hinder the Spirit’s work through me.
- I can proclaim the Word freely and boldly, confident in the fact there is no error or “coincidences” recorded. The Word is the only safe haven that provides 100% Truth 100% of the time. Everything we need in order to fulfill our God-given purposes is found in the Word.
- God’s Word is relevant today — it is living and active — not passive. It is the Word that will convict or judge thoughts and attitudes, not my words.
I’m looking forward to seeing this “omni-moment” come to fruition next week. We’ll all show up, not sure of what to expect, but no doubt it will be exciting because we were all invited by the same person… God.
Want to make a difference in your home?
Subscribe and receive my FREE ebook with sensory tips, Praying In Every Room Of Your Home.
I respect your privacy and will never share your information.