Taking a cue from today’s post over at The Budget Maven, I thought I’d give this a try.
This past weekend:
- Skipped over to Barnes & Noble on Friday date night to pick up the latest issue of this favorite magazine and a new picture book for Piper.
- Caught two American Masters episodes, featuring Louisa May Alcott and Harper Lee. Informative and inspiring! It’s been years since I’ve read To Kill A Mockingbird but thanks to the documentary, I plan to read it again very soon.
- “Worked” on plans for our study introduction next Tuesday night. The Lord sparked an idea that I cannot wait to experience with the other ladies.
- Began filling my bowl after a stirring presentation on Sunday from the ministry Rice Bowls, which helps to feed orphaned children around the globe. You simply fill up the plastic “bank” and return it to the church in exchange for another empty one. Our monetary change brings transforming changes to these little boys and girls. Read more about this amazing ministry here.
- Like Allison, we’re also gathering goods for a possible yard sale this weekend.
- Working on new writing goals. I have a head start on September!
- Fixing a smoothie, ignoring the frappe.
- Starting to journal my prayers again. I’d taken a break…but it’s good to be back on track.
- Praying for the Christian Communicators Conference taking place this week at The Cove—especially for Vonda, Carolyn, Latan, and all those attending.
- Thanking the Lord for YOU. I appreciate your taking time from a busy start-of-the- week to read this post. God bless you!