by Cathy Baker
So everybody is talking about their ONE word for the year. You know, the one word that sums up your NEW focus for the approaching year.
Many have forsaken the New Year resolutions for the One Word movement. At least one book on the subject has been written, multiple blogs have been launched, and it’s the buzz on social media these days.
Have you chosen your one word for the year? If you’ve not chosen a word yet, and you’re interested in doing so, consider these few ideas to get you moving in the right direction:
- Is there a word or phrase that keeps popping up in your recent conversations?
- Do you sense God moving you in a particular direction for your life or ministry?
- How do you want to become more like Jesus in 2015? What will it take on your end to move towards this goal? (For instance, if you want to become a better giver, what specific changes need to take place to accomplish this desire?)
Being a list maker, I still enjoy writing out my goals for a new year but I also appreciate the simplicity of the One Word idea. This year, I wrote out my goals but summed them up in one word: Intentionality. [intentional: done on purpose, conscious, preplanned.]
- Intentional about the Word and making sure its priority is secure in my daily life.
- Intentional about seeking Him, the Person of Jesus Christ, and His kingdom first, trusting that all other things will fall into place.
- Intentional about who I’m becoming more than what I’m doing.
Your turn! Do you have your one word to share? If not, do you plan to choose one?
Want to make a difference in your home?
Subscribe and receive my FREE ebook with sensory tips, Praying In Every Room Of Your Home.
I respect your privacy and will never share your information.