FBC’s Minister of Education made it official today – Brian and I will be starting a new C4 group (aka Sunday School) on Sunday, February 8th. Although Brian is feeling led to place the majority of his time in the music ministry right now, his presence, support and encouragement in the class will be priceless to me.
The plan is to keep it much like Sherri’s class in that it will be open to everyone – regardless of age or marital status. While I certainly see the many advantages in same-sex classes (especially on Tuesday nights!), I have to say that I also enjoy the different dynamics that are sure to come when you mix it up. CRCC’s Adult Bible Study included some of the “hungriest” adults I had ever seen or taught — and now I’m praying God will place men and women in this class with similar appetites for His truth.
This morning, Randy continued our new series on spiritual growth, iGrowth, in Psalm 119, which holds some of my favorite verses on the Word:
- “Blessed are they who keep his statutes, and seek him with all their heart. They do nothing wrong; they walk in his ways. You have laid down precepts that are to be fully obeyed. Oh, that my ways were steadfast in obeying your decrees!” v. 2-5
- “I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands.” v. 10
- “Your statutes are my delight; they are my counselors. v. 24
- “Let me understand the teaching of your precepts; then I will meditate on your wonders.” v. 37
- “How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth! I gain understanding from your precepts; therefore I hate every wrong path. v.104