Check out some of the highlights from this morning (in a very particular order):
- The Holy Spirit was present. For a teacher, there’s nothing like seeing a “light bulb” moment appear on a person’s face when He surprises them with a particular truth.
- Hearing a young man share how he has been away from the Lord for about 5 years, but how he has now returned, ready to get back on track.
- Seeing the variety of people God brought to the class. Singles (40’s-60’s), young couples (early 30’s), other couples in their 40’s, and a Junior High student (she enjoys coming to C4 with her parents).
- Having other teachers and people I had never met stop by to wish me well and offer any support they had to offer. Teaching the Word (in addition to Randy’s sermons) is one of FBC’s top priorities. It shows. How refreshing.
- Having my hubster in the class – which hasn’t happened since I taught discipleship classes at Temple Baptist. He’s my biggest cheerleader — which is always appreciated — as long as he leaves his pom-poms at home.
- Seeing the room spiffed up a bit. It’s your basic classroom – white – but this week, I found a few things to brighten up the room (including a schweet cafe-type table for the coffee pot and goodies). Yesterday, while at Hobby Lobby (my first, but not my last, time there) I found vinyl wall letters that spell out Psalm 46:10. While the class “environment” doesn’t rank near the top of my priorities, I do believe it can play a small part in the learning process.
- Oh yeah, and did I mention the room has a white ceiling fan? The ladies class, who had previously occupied the room, apparently saw the value in installing their own fan. Gotta love it. I know I do!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert
and streams in the wasteland.”