- What I like in a good author is not what he says, but what he whispers. ~Logan Pearsall Smith, “All Trivia,” Afterthoughts, 1931
- I love writing. I love the swirl and swing of words as they tangle with human emotions. ~James Michener
- Why do writers write? Because it isn’t there. – Thomas Berger
- What no wife of a writer can ever understand is that a writer is working when he’s staring out of the window. ~Burton Rascoe
- If I fall asleep with a pen in my hand, don’t remove it – I might be writing in my dreams. ~Terri Guillemets
- Writing is a product of silence. ~Carrie Latet
And my absolute favorite quote?
- “We are literature missionaries.” -Marlene Bagnull, “Write His Answer…A Bible Study for Christian Writers”