- make life easier
- accomplish something of value
- or perhaps prepare you for the future
This time every year our project list swiftly shifts from outdoors to indoors. With the exception of next Tuesday morning, when Sarah and I plan to do a little yard work, our time and energy will shift towards these projects :
- organizing kitchen & laundry room (making life easier)
- decluttering the house (accomplishing something of value by lots of visits to Goodwill)
- painting our bedroom and installing the clawfoot tub fixtures in the Master Bath (I’m preparing for lots of relaxation in the future) hint: If you know the interior color of the Elegant Gourmet you also know the exact color we’re painting our room. I feel relaxed just thinking about it!
I enjoy having the house in order, but I admit that I don’t enjoy being the one to make it that way. I think author Patricia Sprinkle summed up my feelings well: “Remember, stress does not come from being busy. Stress comes from being busy about things we don’t want to do, or from not being busy about things we do want to do.”
Tomorrow morning, Brian and I will begin the indoor projects. The temporary stress involved will soon give way to a clean and relaxing home… just in time for Fall… when the outdoor projects begin calling my name! Now that’s relaxing.