Searching for ways to make Thanksgiving a little more meaningful?
1. Read the history of Thanksgiving. Here’s an option from The Christian Coalition.
2. Make a Thanksgiving Tree. This will be a must when the grandchildren get a wee bit older. One quick trip to Pinterest and we’ll have a plethora of ideas to choose from.
3. Include others in your celebration. Do you have a lonely neighbor, a recent widow, or a college student you could invite?
4. Put everyone’s name in a hat and share one reason you’re thankful for the person’s name that’s drawn.
5. Read One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. I remember reading this for the first time and being mesmerized by her lyrical form.
is to be sneered at and thrown out. God’s Word and our prayers make
every item in creation holy. 1 Timothy 4:4-5