bubble surrounded by ancient shrubbery and dense muscadine bushes. It’s one of
Piper’s favorite outdoor hangouts because it’s quiet and no one can see us.
- Churches: For the gospel alone to be proclaimed, as well as wisdom and discernment for their leaders.
- Grocery store: For those who are hungry, asking God to keep my spiritual eyes open to the needs around me.
- Schools: For protection — physically, emotionally (bullies), and spiritually.
- A waving flag: For President Obama and other leaders of our country.
- Neighborhood: For a different home each day, praying for the families (whether I know them or not) to be grounded in much love, unity, and grace.
There’s no sweeter aroma than that of intercessory prayer ascending to the Father. It turns ordinary moments into extraordinary opportunities for the kingdom of God.
Can you think of other practical ways to pray for our communities? Please share them in the comment box!
of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and
thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, – See more at: