While the trip is out of my comfort zone on oh-so-many levels, preparation is the key, right?
- Most conferees prepare an elevator pitch. I’m personally hoping for a stairwell pitch (or better yet, a coffee cup pitch!) I don’t befriend elevators.
- I’m attempting to curb my excitement over the face-to-face meetings with all my cyber-writer friends from the Blue Ridge yahoo group and the Light Brigade. Lori, Dee Dee, Julie, Cynthia, and the list goes on. Is that heaven I taste?
- Resting the unknown in the Known.
- I’ve been forewarned! Exercising has increased in preparation for lots of walking at Ridgecrest.
- Supplies have been purchased and will soon resemble what’s fondly known as “Edie’s notebook”. She’s amazing!
- Business cards are printed and poised for the exchanges to come.
- Have Purple pens (my fave) and plenty of paper. Ready to travel.
- Remain focused on WHY I am attending BRMCWC: to learn. Not to impress or to compete, but to hone my skills. (Before my feet hit the floor this morning the words “Just because it’s a calling doesn’t mean it’s easy” crossed my mind and collided with my heart.)
- Remain focused and joyful as I consider WHO has made – and will make – all the possibilities possible.
- Seek out opportunities to serve and bless others at the conference, as Vonda suggested in our last meeting.
“If God gives such attention to the appearance of wildflowers—most of which are never even seen—don’t you think he’ll attend to you, take pride in you, do his best for you? What I’m trying to do here is to get you to relax, to not be so preoccupied with getting, so you can respond to God’s giving. People who don’t know God and the way he works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how he works. Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. Don’t worry about missing out. You’ll find all your everyday human concerns will be met.”
Want to make a difference in your home?
Subscribe and receive my FREE ebook with sensory tips, Praying In Every Room Of Your Home.
I respect your privacy and will never share your information.