entirety, I invite you to visit Summit’s site.
- Listening to or viewing a sermon online/TV isn’t a bad thing — but using this as our only means of doing church is not how the Church was designed to work with the Word of God. [Watch for an upcoming blog post as I explore this subject in more detail. -CB]
- Sometimes, in searching for the “right” small group we think that being around others who are like us in life stage, affinities, backgrounds, etc. will naturally make us more apt to draw closer to the Lord — but the truth of the matter is that biblical community thrives through our common identity in Christ. He is the only commonality we need to enjoy true fellowship. Rubbing elbows with those who have different strengths, weaknesses, and struggles helps us to grow as Christ followers. [Watch for an upcoming blog post on this subject as well – a personal testimony, if you will. -CB]
- True community doesn’t just happen. We must be intentional.
- The more we pursue Jesus Christ, the more we’ll have a growing love for His people.
- Intimacy with God is the pursuit of God amidst the people of God.
I’ll close with the final question that was posed to us: Are you engaged in true biblical community?
If not, what’s holding you back? Stay tuned this week as I share some of my own personal journey with life/small groups. You may be surprised.
Join the Creative Pauses community!
Sign up for the monthly "Letter from The Tiny House on the Hill" and receive the latest seasonal gift, bi-weekly posts, creative biblical resources, and a monthly giveaway!
You can unsubscribe at any time.
I hate spam! Your personal information is safe and will never be shared.
I love your sermon notes, Cathy! I've been trying to take a computer-sabbatical on Sundays, so these have been great to read on Monday mornings. You're so right about the need to be together in community with other believers.
Preach on this week!!
Thank you friend! I respect your computer-sabbatical on Sundays. 🙂
I totally agree…in striving to find the perfect small group or church we can miss out on the best compilation God could give us.
Thank you for stopping by, Vonda. We sure did enjoy your acting gig on ID Discovery last night!