When the time changes each year we’re reminded to change the batteries in our smoke detectors. After all, stats prove it’s the wise thing to do. (Next one is coming up November 3rd)
In much the same way, I try to use my birthday and New Year’s Eve as cues to disconnect from the chaos and re-charge my spiritual battery.
Today, I will use Don Whitney’s 10 Questions for the New Year to celebrate my b-day. I hope to share some of the answers in the near future, as God leads.
How about you? When is your big day? If it’s already passed, there’s always New Year’s Eve! In fact, every single day offers a fresh covering of God’s compassion because of His great love for us. (Lamentations 3:22,23) Why wait?
If you decide to give these questions a try, I’d love to hear from you.
1. What’s one thing you could do this year to increase your enjoyment of God?
2. What’s the most humanly impossible thing you will ask God to do this year?
3. What’s the single most important thing you could do to improve the quality of your family life this year?
4. In which spiritual discipline do you most want to make progress this year, and what will you do about it?
5. What is the single biggest time-waster in your life, and what will you do about it this year?
6. What is the most helpful new way you could strengthen your church?
7. For whose salvation will you pray most fervently this year?
8. What’s the most important way you will, by God’s grace, try to make this year different from last year?
9. What one thing could you do to improve your prayer life this year?
10. What single thing that you plan to do this year will matter most in ten years? In eternity?
To God be the glory!
Join the Creative Pauses community!
Sign up for the monthly "Letter from The Tiny House on the Hill" and receive the latest seasonal gift, bi-weekly posts, creative biblical resources, and a monthly giveaway!
You can unsubscribe at any time.
I hate spam! Your personal information is safe and will never be shared.
I really like this list, very purposeful and intentional. 😉 I hope you've had an extra special day. Much love, Hester 😉
Those are the very reasons I liked the list so much. 🙂
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and your birthday blessings. You helped make my day extra special!
Much love from SC….
I LOVE those questions, Cathy! And I love how "God-centered" they are. When you get to be our age, it seems most of my friends are praying more self-centered prayers. Which I find curious.
Hope your day was fabulous, and hope we get the chance to grab a hug soon!
Hokie hugs and much love from VA 🙂