Reading. A true summer delight! In celebration of Read-A-Book Day, here are five of my recent, and not so recent, faves:
1. The Book. No other book was breathed into existence by a living and active God. Here are 23 creative reading plans.
2. Ordering Your Private World, Gordon MacDonald. Many books are written about organizing our time and schedules but this book focuses on maintaining spiritual order within. It’s a classic that’s sat on my shelves for years. I’m reading it now for the fourth time. (I’m a slow learner.)
3. Carolina Reckoning, a NEW release by my friend and gifted author, Lisa Carter. I plan to pick up a copy at her book signing on Saturday, October 19, from 10-12 noon at LifeWay Christian Supply on Haywood Road, Greenville SC. If you live in upstate SC, please plan to stop by!
4. For my poet friends…Poemcrazy, by Susan Goldsmith Wooldridge. It’s filled with ideas, techniques, and inspiration.
5. The Creative Call, by Janice Elsheimer. I know, I know. I’ve mentioned this book more than once in the past, but it’s THAT good. It can be read/studied as a bible study — something I’m praying about leading in 2014.
Now it’s your turn. What book will you read in celebration of Read-A-Book Day?