It’s the first day of Spring!
This season, I will celebrate:
- My risen Savior. The same dunamis power that raised Jesus from the grave resides in me – within every Christ follower – and He is a life changer. My celebration of this gospel-driven truth isn’t limited to the one Sunday many rise before the sun, wear new outfits, and race to find the most brightly colored eggs. For “‘In Him we live and move and have our being…'”. Acts 17:28
- Light breezes, rainy mornings, emerging hostas, and shady corners in my yard. (Along with a possible screened-in back porch from which to enjoy all of the above. My vintage glider is waiting for a test drive from Piper.)
- Getting a new roof! Our hundred-year old home has never seen one — and we have a leak to prove it. But God (two favorite words) blessed us through this experience in a way we never expected. Thank You Lord!
- My time at Blue Ridge Mountains Christian Writer’s Conference in May. 60 days away…but who’s counting? Reservations are made, a possible book idea to pitch is in the works, and I can’t wait to hug this friend in person. We’ve been e-friends for a year but we’ll meet face to face in May. Building relationships is one of the things BRMCWC does best.
- Running! I received official clearance after a procedure last week and I’ve already begun my walk/run journey. Starting over again at 50 will certainly be different than years past. I may be slow and steady but this I know for sure: I’m moving in the right direction.
What’s one thing you will be celebrating this Spring season? Welcome to the party!
Join the Creative Pauses community!
Sign up for the monthly "Letter from The Tiny House on the Hill" and receive the latest seasonal gift, bi-weekly posts, creative biblical resources, and a monthly giveaway!
You can unsubscribe at any time.
I hate spam! Your personal information is safe and will never be shared.
Love the beautiful flowers, Cathy. I've got lots blooming now too and talk to 'em every day. (I'm sure that's why they're so happy.) We're getting to be good friends.:)
Thanks Ellen! I'll have to swing by so you can introduce me to your flowers. I'm so glad you're enjoying your "new" place. 🙂
I love your list. Spring is such an exciting time of year. I always feel refreshed and ready for new adventures when spring comes.
I took the children out for ice cream to celebrate spring today. Never mind that we were all still wearing winter coats!
So happy for your new roof and conference. 😉 Oh boy, would I like to go there some day too! 😉 God bless you dear,
Love, Hester & Happy Spring!
Me too, Tereasa! I've never let a winter coat hinder me from enjoying an ice cream cone. 🙂 Happy Spring!!
Oh, Hester! How we would LOVE to have you join us at BRMCWC! Can I put that on my prayer list? 🙂
Love to you both.