Remember this post? My favorite word in the title is “almost.”
This weekend, I, along with hundreds more, will be heading to the beautiful mountains of North Carolina. Some of the things I’m most looking forward to?
- Seeing friends and making new ones.
- Catching a glimpse of Becky Gansky’s sweet smile. I don’t know her well but when she enters a room, you immediately sense the presence of the Lord.
- Worship time.
- Sitting in Aaron Gansky’s class with Dee Dee Parker. Poor Aaron. (As we say here in the South, bless his heart.)
- Cloud 9 Cafe and the volunteers who work there. Love those little ladies!
- Seeing Edie Melson’s Steam Punk outfit on Tuesday night.
- Grits in the cafeteria. Yes, grits.
- Learning more about Flash Fiction in Ben Wolf’s class (hopefully along with Dee Dee and Susan Stilwell)
- Lobby time at night. It usually ends late and includes lots of giggling. Wheeee!
- Cheering my friends on at the Awards Banquet!
If you’ve never attended The Blue Ridge Mountains Christian Writer’s Conference, I encourage you to begin saving for next year. It’s a wise investment.
Would you pray for me, as well as all those who’ll be heading to the hills this weekend? I ask for a teachable spirit, abundant energy (afternoons are sometimes a challenge), and for God to be glorified through everything I say and do. And lastly, to remain alert to the ways God may want to use me to encourage someone else.
I’ll be taking a break from blogging next week while at the conference but I look forward to catching up with you the following week.
Thank you for stopping by and especially for your prayers.
Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive and inheritance
from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. Colossians 3:23-24