- the worship — especially how Brandon ended our evening together. Powerful!
- laughter with friends of almost twenty years. The husband braved many a day on the b-ball courts mentoring Brandon as a teen.
- sitting next to my cousin, who’s always been more like a sister, and watching her hubby post B’s pics on Facebook. The fact they drove from Spartanburg meant even more.
- peering over to see the blossoming “friendship” between two young people. He’s been a tremendous friend to Brandon over the years and she’s the daughter to two special friends of ours.
- meeting the wife of an amazing young man, who lost both parents by the time he was in his early twenties.
- a sweet time of fellowship with my mom and her incredi-hubby, Steve, who could be the poster-child for step-parenting.
- observing a local FCA group worship — and chatting with one of their leaders, the daughter of a dear friend. She didn’t realize that Brandon was in fact “my” Brandon.
- hanging out with two great friends, who just happen to be Piper’s other grandparents. 🙂
As Brandon played my favorite song from his CD, Surrounded, I marveled at the relationships and connections represented in the room, very much aware of God’s abiding presence surrounding us as one—and grateful for every moment.